Tuesday 24 January 2017

Mohamed Elneny wants to become an Arsenal legend


Mohamed Elneny aspires to be a legend at Arsenal little over a year after he joined the club.

The Egyptian midfielder arrived in a £7million deal from Basel last January and has established himself as a regular presence in Arsene Wenger’s squad without ever quite carving out a place in the Arsenal starting XI. 

Elneny has started just six games in the Premier League this season but the 24-year-old has lofty ambitions for the remainder of his Arsenal career.

“I want to be a legend at this club,” Elneny told the Daily Mail. 

“Like Thierry Henry. I mean, obviously not exactly like him. I have my own personality, my own character. I want to be different to anyone that’s gone before.


“But since I got here, I’ve always had that in mind. I wanted to become an Arsenal legend. 

Elneny is currently at the Africa Cup of Nations with Egypt, who play their final group game on Friday and need just a point against Ghana to qualify for the last eight.

However Elneny is missing perhaps his best chance for an extended run in the Arsenal side this season.

With Granit Xhaka facing a four game ban Arsene Wenger’s midfield stock is depleted, leaving the uncomfortable pairing of Francis Coquelin and Aaron Ramsey to soldier through until their team-mate’s return.

No comments:

Post a Comment