Friday 10 February 2017

Arsene Wenger has refused to be drawn on whether he will sign a new contract


Arsene Wenger has refused to be drawn on whether he will sign a new contract with the club.

The Frenchman's current deal is due to expire at the end of the season but he has yet to commit to new terms and, asked again about the issue today at a press conference, Wenger would not confirm if he had even been offered a new deal.

"Look, what matters is ideally you want everybody to be happy, but as well I think Arsenal is made of special strengths and that strength is to be united when it doesn't go as well," he said.

"It's very nice for you to take care of how I feel, but it's not the most important. I am a professional and I have to do a job and that's what I want to do.

"My future is in front of me every time I make a half turn. What is important for me is that Arsenal football club goes well and I dedicate my whole energy for the club to do well. 

"Nothing has changed compared to last week and that's basically it. I've nothing to add to what I said last week." 

Reports in recent weeks have claimed that Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri is in 'advanced talks" to replace Wenger at the Emirates this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment